Thursday, January 27, 2011

Why we love Jimmer (based on doctrine)

Hey men.

Photo by Luke Hansen of The Daily Universe

So I'm sure you're all still thinking and talking about last night's battle to the death with San Diego State. And a battle it was; probably the most physical basketball game I've ever seen, or at least that I can remember.

Here's what I have to offer:

My editorial - Why we love Jimmer

But, my editorial was a little trimmed down for the paper. So you can read the original version (loaded with more scripture!) on my personal blog here.

And, a few additional thoughts on the game, also on my personal blog, here.

3 comments:

  1. im glad you said that JJ. i know some people dont like him because he hasnt served a mission.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what's funny though...ever since I learned Jake Heaps wasn't planning on a mission, that always bothered me about him, and made me root more for Riley Nelson back when they were still getting playing time. And yet, when I found out Jimmer hadn't served a mission, it didn't bother me as much.

    I'm not sure why...maybe because Jake Heaps is a freshman when all this is happening, so to me he sort of has this stuck-up persona. But at the same time, I might just be jealous.

    But Jimmer has been able to represent the Church to thousands of people who would never open their doors to missionaries knocking on their doors. And probably the same thing will happen to Jake Heaps. So I guess I should just calm down, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe because in hindsight we see that Jimmer has made himself a household name. So not serving, in his case, actually might have been good for his career so we give him a pass. Jake Heaps is still a question mark about whether foregoing a mission is worth it.

    ReplyDelete