Wednesday, October 6, 2010

How to Grill a Pizza


Forgive me from turning the attention of our avid readers from the world of sports, but I wanted to share something with our reading base that loves to grill. (Am I being overly optimistic thinking that more than 5 people read this?) Anyway, I discovered a delightful culinary creation the other day: grilled pizza!

First, here is the link to the article. Now, I know that this article doesn't specify which toppings to add, but the pizza shown demonstrates one of my favorite ways to top a pizza. It is a very NY style way of doing things. Fresh mozzarella is key. Then you add 1 or 2 toppings. Fresh tomato and basil are excellent choices. Keeping it simple is the way to go.

Although I have experienced some excellent thin crust pizza from the Big Apple, I have never had one grilled. But after reading this article, I'm keeping my eyes peeled for an opportunity. If any of you grillers give this a go, you should let me know how it turns out. Or better yet, invite me over so I can have a slice.

2 comments:

  1. What is more manly than pizza and grilling.

    I haven't read the article yet, but we make grilled pizzas frequently. It was in the Oregonian and Katie's mom saw it. They are really good. I'll have to have Katie forward you the recipe for some more ideas.

    ReplyDelete